cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel SL2 Won't Turn On Anymore

Zack_Jones04
Apprentice

Hey guys I’m brand new the the photography scene. Just bought my buddies old sl2 and as I was scrolling through the settings changing a few things my sister (who is decent at this stuff) my sl2 randomly turned off, I’ve tried turning it off and back on, wiping the battery off and other things and it won’t even flash a light, I’m not sure what to do but it’ll turn on for one second then turn off again without any text or lights.

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Zack and welcome to the forum:

The first question is, do you know that the battery did not simply run out of charge?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hey Trevor thank you for your reply. My friend said he fully charged it before he gave it to me. My sister said when the battery dies it’ll blink red but no lights currently turn on at all. It is a possibility though thank you

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

It is possible that the battery is not simply discharged but dead, in which case it may not give the warning light indication.

Did your friend actually try it out to check that it worked, as opposed to charging the battery?

How old is the battery? And...

was it left in the camera for a very long time.  What can happen is the battery goes into a deep charge state, and while it may appear to be fully charged, it's not.

It might be worth giving it another charge, and if you can find one, try another battery.

I suggest these things are they are the least intrusive and the cheapest solutions you can try.  From here it becomes more complicated and possibly more expensive

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Yup he just said he left it in for a lil while.Your a life saver 😂 

Well... Let's see if that charging the battery resolves the issue.  If it does and the camera works, it might be worth getting a second battery as your main energy source.

If it turns out to be the solution, please mark my post as the resolution, so we don't keep trying to solve it!  

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements