cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP

kgp8139
Apprentice

How many of you have used or own a RP?  Do you like it?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

No hands on experience. 

The RP is a hobbyist grade body aimed at someone who wants a versitile point and shoot camera with some enthusiast level features in a smaller form factor.  Its dedicated mode button in favor of the top LCD is preferred by many, but I like this LCD myself. 

Why it doesn't work for me.  Power hungry, still low FPS, 4K still 24P.  Have quite  few lenses all of which would need the adapter.  Nothing extraordinary or compelling for me. 

The R and RP are both still first gen or 1.5 gen.  I believe waiting will be worth it, for me anyway.  If I didn't have  camera now and wanted to start somewhere mirrorless, I'd consider it, but know I'd have to carry a few batteries with me all the time.  I'd grow out of the RP the same way I grew out of my T6s.  I also like my 6D2 a lot.  If I made a living taking pictures, the 5D4 is still the ultimate and the price it commands is proof of this.  Mirrorless isn't there yet. 

To each his own though.  For every one of me, there will be someone who thinks the RP is a great body.  In some ways it is, but not for me.  Not by a long shot. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@kgp8139 wrote:

How many of you have used or own a RP?  Do you like it?

I do not own one.  I already own a full frame camera.  The RP seems designed to be an upgrade path for a Rebel owner moving up into the world of full frame camera bodies.  From that perspective, it is a great camera.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Low interest. Smiley Indifferent

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements