cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 astrophotography setup

chief
Rising Star

Need help on correct setup and settings using R7 body for astro. Have read manual and just can not get it to work. Last night had my 14 mm rokinon attached with adapter and had all correct settings 20 sconds, f/2.8, ISO 6400. Camera would not take image. What is set up on camera? electronic shutter, 2 second shutter, etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

You need to go into the camera and set "shoot without lens". Then the camera will take pictures. This only works in the creative zone ie (M, Av, TV, P & Fv) modes. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

I have been using my old 6d MII with the Rokinon 14mm for astro as well.  I'd love to see your R7 results compared to the  6d MII.

chief
Rising Star

Thanks everybody for the solution.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Chief,

Superb photo!  I've been waiting for better weather.  Full moon in the Bay Area is scheduled for May 5th.

I tried last month but didn't have any luck.  We had really warm weather.   I live near the ocean and it sucked in a heavy marine layer the night of the best full moon.  I also have the only street light on the street on one side of the house.  Very nice photo!!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements