cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Firmware Update fail

pha1016
Apprentice

Hello,

I am trying to update the firmware on my R7 from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 and it stops at 81% and then fails. I have tried multiple times and have deleted the firmware on the SD card and replaced it and only have gotten the same results. 

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Re-format the memory card, copy the .fir file to the root.  Perform the upgrade process again.  Important note: do not touch any buttons after the process has started.  Let us know what happens.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hardin56
Contributor

@pha1016 ReadyPayOnline Employee Login wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to update the firmware on my R7 from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 and it stops at 81% and then fails. I have tried multiple times and have deleted the firmware on the SD card and replaced it and only have gotten the same results. 

Thanks,

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Cameras are sold and distributed worldwide to specific markets.  Each market has its own Canon Support web site customers in their country of origin.  If you try to install firmware from another Canon web site that does not serve your country of origin, the firmware may not fully install.

For example, if you purchased a Canon camera in Europe or Japan, then downloading firmware from the Canon USA site may not install on the camera.  Your symptoms are consistent with this scenario.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That's a cautious point of view, which is the right approach -- there can always be hidden wrinkles here.  However, product developers will often go to great lengths to reduce the number of firmware builds they have to make and test; that's what I did for the tech products I was responsible for.

It's easy to test this, though.  I just downloaded the R7 firmware for UK, USA, Australia, and Singapore, from the respective support sites, and compared them.  They are all bit-for-bit identical.  I might have thought the ZIP files would differ, with different setup instructions etc, but no, not even that.

pha1016
Apprentice

Thanks all. I talked with customer support and had to send the camera to the factory. 

Announcements