cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 mkii and Webcam Utility Pro

tfabiansd
Apprentice

EOS R6 mkii is not connecting to Macbook Pro via Webcam Utility Pro, wondering if others are having any issues or if there's something you might be able to direct me towards. My EOS R connects flawlessly, no problems whatsoever.  I swap with the new R6 mkii and nothing.  The utility recognizes the camera being connected but beyond that there's no image. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ehattey
Contributor

Spoke with the Canon folks at CES last week. Looks like you dont need Webcam Utility at all for this camera. Simply go into settings and set USB to Webcam, and it will show up in the available cameras on your Mac. Not sure why they would send people around their own (now paywalled) software, but Im not complaining! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tfabiansd,

The EOS Webcam Utility & EWU Pro have not been updated to support the new EOS R6 Mark II as of yet. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Hi John, please note that we still have not received a updated EOS Webcam Utility Pro for the r6ii compatibility. Yes we are aware we can connect the camera directly to the computer without the app however alot of person would like to use the r6ii with the Webcam utility for multi-cam setup.

ehattey
Contributor

Hi John_Q, Is there any update to this, or timeline on resolution for R6Mii on Webcam Utility Pro? 

Hi ehatey,

At this time there has not been an announcement for when an update for the EOS Webcam Utility Pro may be released. 

We are not notified to future software, firmware, or hardware updates prior to them being officially announced by Canon. If an update is released for the EOS Webcam Utility Pro it will be available HERE. If you would like to be notified about updates you can also set your email preferences in your Canon account to receive EOS News.

Please let the developers know there is still no compatibility with the r6ii with the latest Webcam utility pro version 2.0.30

After a year of not being supported is there any plans to support the R6 mk II in the EOS Webcam Utility? Glad I didn't automatically purchase the subscription.

Or would I be better off purchasing a different camera?

ehattey
Contributor

Spoke with the Canon folks at CES last week. Looks like you dont need Webcam Utility at all for this camera. Simply go into settings and set USB to Webcam, and it will show up in the available cameras on your Mac. Not sure why they would send people around their own (now paywalled) software, but Im not complaining! 

Fantastic suggestion!  Works like a charm! 

Yes but 

1. You cannot record while using the r6ii with this method and the camera settings is limited

Announcements