cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Won't Turn On

Gley
Apprentice

I bought my Canon EOS R6 1 year and 6 months ago, I use it with a Meke adapter and a Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8 lens, it was working perfectly fine, but last Saturday when I was photographing a client, the camera suddenly turned off, the battery was 100% charged, I changed the battery that was 100% charged, and the camera did not work anymore, it does not turn on.

I already tested without the lens and without the adapter, and the camera simply does not turn on.

She is dead.

I'm desperate.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Gley!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@gley,

Camera will not power on with no lens, no card or anything attached and with a known good battery?

Sadly this means the camera will need to visit a Canon service center.  Follow Danny's advice above.  Register your Camera and investigate your repair options.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Abbie69
Apprentice

@Gley wrote: HISD Connect Parent Portal

I bought my Canon EOS R6 1 year and 6 months ago, I use it with a Meke adapter and a Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8 lens, it was working perfectly fine, but last Saturday when I was photographing a client, the camera suddenly turned off, the battery was 100% charged, I changed the battery that was 100% charged, and the camera did not work anymore, it does not turn on.

I already tested without the lens and without the adapter, and the camera simply does not turn on.

She is dead.

I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Put the batteries in the charger to see if the charger recognize the batteries as working. Maybe there is condensation in the R6 that shorted out the camera. Let it dry for a few hours and try again. I had that happen to a laptop that I left in the car at -15C and try to use it right away after bringing it inside.

Katiewms11
Apprentice

The batteries were dead. I thought when you got new batteries they would be ready to go. Once I charged the one I bought separately and the one that came with the camera, the camera turned on. Thank you for your help!

Announcements