cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Menu and touch screen locked.

juliadd
Apprentice

Hi, 

I was recently on a photography outing in unsavory weather conditions, rain and wind.  I had my camera as best protected as possible. 

After mounting my Canon R6 on tripod I was not able to use the touch screen, menu or review buttons.  The shutter button worked no problem ( I use back button focusing) no issues but when I tried to change focus point on the screen, it would not budge.

I switched camera off, took out battery, card and put back again. all to no avail.  Over night I took off lens, battery, cards etc, still not working.  I have no idea why this has happened, camera is only 2.2 years old with a relatively  low shutter count.

Please help, I would appreciate any advise as to how to fix this problem.

Julia

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The R6 should have weather sealing.  A few drops should not have damaged it.  Did the camera actually get wet?  If so, how much exposure to water did it experience?

Also, check the position of the [LOCK] switch.  There are camera settings that can disable those touch control and other buttons.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Bkerwin234
Apprentice

Hello Julia, I am having this exact same issue. The camera turns on however when I press the menu button and the playback button are un responsive. when I press them nothing happens. I made sure the lock button was off. Let me know if you find a solution. thank you and good luck

Brian

Announcements