cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II won't update firmware

lazya
Contributor

My camera will not update the firmware 1.30. It just restates the camera without updating 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

lazya
Contributor

It finally updated! Thanks all! I removed the battery grip, put the FIR. on both extreme Pro cards. And now this time it is updating for some reason; I had already tried this before.Anyway, Happy that it finally worked. 

View solution in original post

Ah, I wonder if it was the battery grip being attached? Do you recall if the other cameras you had updated successfully had accessories attached?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

lazya
Contributor

As does registering it, as I have done

@lazya wrote:

As does registering it, as I have done

How many SD cards are inside the camera when you do an update?  I t recommend having only one card in the camera.  I also use a dedicated card for firmware updates.  I format it in the camera and then copy a the firmware to it.

An update can also be performed using the USB cable.  But since you are having issues with a memory card update, then I would strongly discourage trying that.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Given the challenges, a call to Canon support might be warranted.  They would be happy to assist you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

lazya
Contributor

It finally updated! Thanks all! I removed the battery grip, put the FIR. on both extreme Pro cards. And now this time it is updating for some reason; I had already tried this before.Anyway, Happy that it finally worked. 

Ah, I wonder if it was the battery grip being attached? Do you recall if the other cameras you had updated successfully had accessories attached?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Just my 5Dlll had a battery grip. It updated without problem. 

@lazya wrote:

Just my 5Dlll had a battery grip. It updated without problem. 

The battery grip being the potential problem sounds familiar.  I’m almost certain another forum member had a similar issue and solution.

Are your battery grips for both cameras made by Canon?  I use the Canon grip on my R6 mark II and have had no issues updating camera firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements