cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II no longer able to connect to Wi-Fi

thorium
Apprentice

So last month I was able to use the normal android app successfully to transfer images from the image library, but this month it no longer works...

• Canon R6 Mk2
  • Firmware v 1.3.0.
  • Android 12
  • Bluetooth connects fine, as soon as attempting to pull images the app fails to generate a WiFi connection. 
  • All permissions granted to app

First workaround tried:

1. Reset all communication settings
  2. Cleared all registered cameras.
  3. Cleared bluetooth settings on phone 
  4. Redone setup from scratch

Second workaround tried:

1. Successfully connected both camera and phone to a common WAP. (2.4GHz)
  2. Attempted to connect to camera this way, fails!

Any advice? This makes my camera pretty useless to me... as I do all my quick editing on my phone...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings thorium,

Thank you for providing us with a thorough description of the issue you are having along with the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to resolve the issue.

Please check to see if there is any sort of VPN application or service that is running on the Android device. This may interfere with the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the device. In case there is a VPN running, then let's disable or turn it off prior to connecting the Android device to the camera.

Some Android devices have a feature where the device will automatically disconnect from a Wi-Fi device if it detects that there is no internet connection since many users will use the device's Wi-Fi function to surf the web. Since the camera itself does not provide internet service to the Android device, the Android device may be disconnecting from the camera. Please check to see if this feature is enabled on the Android device and disable it prior to connecting the device to the camera. This usually applies when using the camera's access point mode.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings thorium,

Thank you for providing us with a thorough description of the issue you are having along with the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to resolve the issue.

Please check to see if there is any sort of VPN application or service that is running on the Android device. This may interfere with the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the device. In case there is a VPN running, then let's disable or turn it off prior to connecting the Android device to the camera.

Some Android devices have a feature where the device will automatically disconnect from a Wi-Fi device if it detects that there is no internet connection since many users will use the device's Wi-Fi function to surf the web. Since the camera itself does not provide internet service to the Android device, the Android device may be disconnecting from the camera. Please check to see if this feature is enabled on the Android device and disable it prior to connecting the device to the camera. This usually applies when using the camera's access point mode.

Good response, this what was happening. A VPN app had been updated, and switched to "on by default" hence killing all local traffic. Thank you!

Announcements