cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II how to recover photos after accidentally formatting card

Antala
Contributor

How can I recover my photos after accidentally formatting the memory stick of my Canon EOS R6 Mark II

Hello! Faced with an unpleasant event . Accidentally formatted memory on the Canon EOS R6 Mark II camera.
And all my pictures are gone. After a little Google research, I realized that to recover your photos need special software. I even tried a few but did not achieve the desired result...
Does anyone know how to help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZEEEst
Apprentice

You can try Hetman Partition Recovery. It's a paid program, but you can scan your USB drive with the free version of the software. It will show you the files it can find for recovery. If the program finds your lost files (photos), then only then you buy the program and transfer the lost files.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Peter
Authority
Authority

They are gone if you have performed a low level format.

If you did a normal format you can use software like Recuva/Photorec.

I tried to restore with these 2 free programs, but nothing found. Is there any good paid programme?

If these were once-in-a-lifetime photos, and you didn't perform a low-level format as Peter mentioned earlier, you can also seek out data recovery companies.  It can end up being very expensive though.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Did you with Photorec try the whole disc and in the next window choose Other? Also take a look under file option that your raw format, CR3, is checked.

1000005014.jpg

1000005015.jpg

Have you tried Disk Drill?

Yeah, I tried that. It doesn't find anything.

You never answered if you performed a low level format or not. If you are unsure you can just take a look in the menu. It will show you the previous setting.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Did you format both cards (assuming you equipped the camera with two cards and set it up to save images to both)?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

There was only one memorial card.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A low-level format writes directly to the sectors. Every single bit is overwritten with zeroes and the SD is returned to its factory state. Consequently, any chance of low-level format data recovery vanishes once the low-level format is complete. There is no “true” low-level” data recovery app that can recover data from a completely low-level formatted SD. Sorry. 😣

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements