cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6: How do I get an ethernet cable to work

CodyGrubbs
Apprentice

Hi guys, how do I get a ethernet cable to work on the R6 ? I can do it wireless ftp. But im wanting to do it by cable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Cody and welcome:

The only R-series cameras with ethernet RJ45 ports are the R3 and R1, the R5II can use the BG-EF20 battery grip as that variant of the grip has a ethernet port.  The R6 series cameras do not have the protocols for ethernet connectivity and you can't load them, so I doubt the USB work-around you hope for would work.

If you want to download the files fast, take the card out and put it in a SD card slot attached to your computer and copy the files to your hard disc.  You can use an USB cable, but it's actually slower.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

CodyGrubbs,

I don't think the R6 has an ethernet port. If you look at the specs, it mentions a USB port and an HDMI port, but there's nothing about ethernet.

Steve Thomas 

would it work with a ethernet adapter in the usbc slot /

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Cody and welcome:

The only R-series cameras with ethernet RJ45 ports are the R3 and R1, the R5II can use the BG-EF20 battery grip as that variant of the grip has a ethernet port.  The R6 series cameras do not have the protocols for ethernet connectivity and you can't load them, so I doubt the USB work-around you hope for would work.

If you want to download the files fast, take the card out and put it in a SD card slot attached to your computer and copy the files to your hard disc.  You can use an USB cable, but it's actually slower.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

thank you for letting me know, i greatly appreciate it.

Always welcome Cody!😊

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements