cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 - DCP Profile for Canon Landscape setting to use in DXO Photolab

Robegul
Apprentice

I have a Canon R6 and use Canon DPP as well as DXO Photolab to edit RAW pictures, but I prefer the latter for ease of use and greater capabilities.

I like the look of Canon's Landscape setting, and want to use this as a starting point for most of my images.

As much as I have tried, I have been unable to duplicate the landscape look in DXO Photolab.  DXO Photolab allows you to import and use DCP profiles, so if I could get that, it would solve my problem.   Does anyone know how to do this?  The DCP profile must be embedded in Canon DPP somewhere, but where???

Thanks!

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robegul
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I found a solution to my issue.   If you download the Adobe DNG Converter (which is free) it has all the manufacturers DCP files.  You can then go into (on a Mac M1) Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Camera Profiles/Camera/(whatever camera model you want).   It then lists all of them like Portrait, Landscape etc.   I imported these into DXO PhotoLab and it works like a charm.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would expect that the camera profiles that Canon uses to be a proprietary intellectual property. I suggest that you seek a DXO community. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks Waddizzle,

I had not thought that Canon would have it as proprietary, but you make a good point.  I

have read about somewhat complicated ways to get it, but I tried and went down a rabbit hole or two.  Good suggestion regarding the DXO forum.   Cheers

Robegul
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I found a solution to my issue.   If you download the Adobe DNG Converter (which is free) it has all the manufacturers DCP files.  You can then go into (on a Mac M1) Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Camera Profiles/Camera/(whatever camera model you want).   It then lists all of them like Portrait, Landscape etc.   I imported these into DXO PhotoLab and it works like a charm.

Announcements