cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R50 Shutter Count?

kionlua
Apprentice

I recently bought my wife a refurbished R50 directly from Canon’s website. When I gave it to her she asked what the shutter count was? After some research online I tried uploading an image to a few websites that advertised providing the shutter count with photo data and the websites stated that the image didn’t have the data. I also tried downloading the EOS program from Canon’s website and couldn’t find it there either. Am I missing something?

12 REPLIES 12

The R10 doesn’t collect runtime data on the image sensor.  Shutter count on an MILC body is arguably meaningless. I suggest that you contact Canon Support directly. There are no apps that can provide the answers you seek. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome:

Given, as you have heard from my associates that a shutter count on its own is challenging to get and not necessarily an accurate indication of wear, and that you got the camera from the Canon Refurb site., then your best bet is to contact Canon's refurb site and give them the reference info: Invoice/Receipt #, and camera serial #, and ask about the condition and/or shutter count - I would expect them to have information like that on record.  If anyone can give you pertinent information, they are the ones to do so.  Note that if you get a refurb Canon camera from the Canon site, it comes with a warranty, so it should be good as new, and supported.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Shutter count on an MILC body is arguably meaningless."

Agreed at least any that are not provided by Canon itself. People still put high value on it, however, even though they don't confirm the mechanical state of the camera.

"More important is the fact that the camera has been refurbished. "

Bingo! 🙄 It is a refurb, it is not a new camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements