cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Settings changing on their own

ChrisPollard
Contributor

Ive discovered to my angst that while Im out shooting birds with my R5, in AV mode, MY ISO SETTINGS, EXP COMP AND F Stop settings change .I usually shoot in auto ISO and just as Im about to take the shot I notice that the settings have changed to the max !!!, please help its driving me barmy !!!, never had this issue with my old trusted 7D Mii.

Many Thanks

Chris

14 REPLIES 14

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please help us better understand your issue.  What FW version and lens are you seeing this behavior with?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Pardon my ignorance but what is FW?, I shoot primarily with the new 100-500 mm lens

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

FW = firmware.

As of today v1.8.1 is the latest.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you sure you're in Av mode and not full auto?

May be worthwhile to reset the camera's settings.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Certainly in AV mode ,all I shoot in.I will see how to update the firmware as previously suggested.Thanks anyway

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@chris,

The firmware update is not a recommended solution.  It was a question, so we have a better understanding of your environment.  

Please start with @RS-EOS (Ricky's) suggestion.  Reset main and custom camera settings. Retest and report back please.

Later*** At some point, I'd recommend updating to FW v1.7 or 1.8.1.  The cumulative updates are worthwhile and add significant performance improvements to the camera.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick, Ive altered some of the custom settings slightly and Ive downloaded the latest FW, strangly enough it never happened this weekend,and I got some awesome shots on the beach here in KSA.Could there be a connection with the heat in this enviroment and could the fading battery power effect the camera?Crab Plover KSACrab Plover KSA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is Safety Shift enabled?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It is now.......

Announcements