cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Settings changing on their own

ChrisPollard
Contributor

Ive discovered to my angst that while Im out shooting birds with my R5, in AV mode, MY ISO SETTINGS, EXP COMP AND F Stop settings change .I usually shoot in auto ISO and just as Im about to take the shot I notice that the settings have changed to the max !!!, please help its driving me barmy !!!, never had this issue with my old trusted 7D Mii.

Many Thanks

Chris

14 REPLIES 14

I have this issue on the R5 in manual. I will set my camera, take a photo, walk around and my ISO goes to 51000 with an extremely low shutter speed. Aperture changes too. It happens even if I lock it. Since I’m shooting wildlife and have to be ready in advance this is very upsetting.

Hi, this is exactly what happens to me in AV mode.Ive even tried several times to factory reset but it keeps happening, its costing me way to many valuable shots !!!

I shoot in manual, too, and I'm having a similar issue where the f stop randomly moves to 8, when I only ever shoot at 2.8 or 3.2. Did you find anything that helped resolve this issue? I just updated my FW, but I don't think that will help this issue. 

snaphappy19
Apprentice

Hi Chris,

I'm experiencing something similar with my R5. The f stop will just randomly change during sessions, oftentimes so much that the exposure is WAY off. I'll look down and see that the f stop is 8, when I only shoot in 2.8 and 3.2. 

Did you find that resetting your camera settings helped? Or did anything else help?

Thanks for any suggestions!

P.S. I just updated my firmware, but the Canon rep I just spoke with said that the FW won't help this issue. 

It is most confusing when multiple members start chiming in on an existing thread with their own issues looking for advice.  You lose track of who has what problem.

Please start a new thread for your issue.  This will put your issue at the top of the page so that other members can see what your issue is. 

Thanks, ahead of time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements