cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Focus Bracketing

BobArcand
Contributor

I have a Canon r5 body; trying to use focus bracketing, but no matter the settings, my camera will only shoot 7 images.  My firmware is not up to date, but that is a separate issue.  

6 REPLIES 6

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, BobArcand!

This is just a guess, but "7" is the max number of shots for exposure bracketing. Double check and make sure you don't have AEB enabled. I've done this myself when in a hurry... I just saw "bracketing" and enabled the wrong one.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

No, I have AEB turned off.  Thanks for trying to help.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@BobArcand wrote:

I have a Canon r5 body; trying to use focus bracketing, but no matter the settings, my camera will only shoot 7 images.  My firmware is not up to date, but that is a separate issue.  

It is a best practice to keep your camera firmware up-to-date.  Initial releases did contain a few bugs, but I do not think any of them were related to focus bracketing.

The number of shots can be adjusted from 2 - 999.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Agreed, but having issues.  I realize that the camera will only take the number of shots required to focus, no matter how many you have selected.  Would only shoot 7 on the city hall building across the street, so I moved to a gnarly tree with a lot of branches and detail - still only 7 shots.  Also, no matter what shutter I have selected, the camera indicates that it is on electronic, and that electronic does not work with this mode.  Have a session with my technical guy on Wednesday, so hopefully I can at least update my firmware.  Thanks for the help.  

Ofthesea
Apprentice

Hey I just started having this issue today.... Do you have an update on the issue? Because I too am running into the same exact problem... only 7 photos and changing settings and nothing... 

Ofthesea
Apprentice

Never mind. The issue was either the balance was off or I was to far away from my object. 

I do macro shots and using the RF 100 mm lens... 

Announcements