cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Err 70

MBP
Apprentice

I just received a new EOS R5 and out of the box I was getting an err 70 lockup. I thought updating the firmware would resolve the problem but the err 70 continues. I have now received a message 20 or 25 times over the course of 100 frames. Is the a comen problem?

32 REPLIES 32

hardeepssingh
Contributor

I have same issue. Using for photos only. Bought in Dec 23, First unit had purple screen issue, exchanged for new unit. This have err70 issue, re insert battery. I am using with RF 24-70 F2.8. No fix yet. Send back to get money back, not looking at repair at all Its a brand new unit.Tried every solution over the internet.Latest firmware 1.9. No Luck.

Greetings,

Please follow the recommendations in my post above (2-25-2024).  If exchange is still an option, I'd do that.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Agree completely.  Never tolerate OBF (out of box failures) of any product for any reason.  Get a new one!

Announcements