cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5C not going into “USB PD” mode

maxhagerman
Apprentice

After months of use with my r5c on a regular basis, and using a Moman Power 99V-mount battery for all my shoots, suddenly when plugged in with a usb-c to usb-c cable that i’ve used in the past, it isn’t working anymore.. and won’t charge normally with usb-c to usb-c. BUT, for some reason when switched off it will charge with a full size USB to usb-c cable, but only when turned off. 

Any known fixes? I use this camera on a regular basis for work so want to avoid sending it away for an extended period of time at all costs. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I've only heard from a handful of people who've experienced this issue.  Are you using Canon LP-E6NH in camera?  Testing with more than one with the same result?

Does the camera power and run normally with only an in body battery installed?   

Do you have any other USB-C chargers you can test with? 45w or more, 9.0v 3.0A.  A MacBook Pro charger would work.  

If the above doesn't help, the best thing to do is send it to Canon for inspection.  I know this is never convenient, but better to do it now before summer time.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements