cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Canon Connect iPhone/iPad connection

HarzBirder
Apprentice

I am unable to connect my iPhone or iPad to Cannon Connect. After making connection between the camera (R5) and my iPhone (13 Pro Max IOS 16.5.1) either via wifi or bluetooth, I keep getting the following message: 'Cannot connect to camera. Grant permission to use local network'. 2 tabs below this message say 'Close' and 'Settings'. When I press the latter, it takes me to the Camera Connect area in my iPhone Settings, however, Local Network is already switched on.  Any suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5

Orville
Apprentice

Having the exact same problem with my r6 and iPhone 11 Pro Max. The app sucks. Tried literally everything.

what’s weird is it worked on my family members iPhone. Do you have another device you could maybe try it on?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please reset the Network settings on the camera (just the network) and forget any saved Camera profiles on in the Canon Connect App on your mobile device.  

Now re-pair the devices. You won't lose any data, etc.  Don't worry 🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Greetings HarzBirder,

Aside from following the steps provided by shadowsports, please also check to see if there is a setting on your iPhone that has the phone automatically connect back to a network that provides internet connection. This is due to the camera not providing any internet access, only a wireless connection to transfer photos and video, and remote shooting.

I tried looking for that option in my camera settings, but I could only find reset communication settings. I did that, and nothing changed 😕

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you also forget the saved camera profile on the CC app as well?

This has to be done to successfully re-pair.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements