cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Blurred Through Viewfinder

TamErick79
Apprentice

Hi, I was out taking photos ( Canon EOS R5) and my camera was working perfectly. Then it just all became blurry. I sat down, made sure everything was clean and switched lenses. Still all blurry. The LCD side screen everything is perfectly clear. I’m still learning about this camera and I’m so confused and panicked. No damage was done, it was dropped or anything. It just became out of focus. Thanks for any help. I’m so worried. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@TamErick79 wrote:

Hi, I was out taking photos ( Canon EOS R5) and my camera was working perfectly. Then it just all became blurry. I sat down, made sure everything was clean and switched lenses. Still all blurry. The LCD side screen everything is perfectly clear. I’m still learning about this camera and I’m so confused and panicked. No damage was done, it was dropped or anything. It just became out of focus. Thanks for any help. I’m so worried. 

Welcome.

AM I understanding that the camera LCD shows in focus proper images but the optical viewfinder is blurry?

If so, check that you didn't move the diopter adjustment.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 095232.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If your camera and lens wasn't mis-handled, I'm sure there's an explanation.  

Tell us about your gear?

R5, which lenses are you using it with when the problem occurs? EF (adapted) RF, etc.

What are your shooting conditions? Bright sunny day, inside dark room, etc?

What shooting mode are you using?

Does the lenses have a AF/MF switch?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@TamErick79 wrote:

Welcome.

AM I understanding that the camera LCD shows in focus proper images but the optical viewfinder is blurry?

If so, check that you didn't move the diopter adjustment.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 095232.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much! The photo really helped and I was able to fix this! I appreciate you! We are soon to head to Hunting Island State Park and I definitely don’t want to miss the photo opportunities. You made my day! Thank you!! 🤗

@TamErick79 wrote:

Thank you so much! The photo really helped and I was able to fix this! I appreciate you! We are soon to head to Hunting Island State Park and I definitely don’t want to miss the photo opportunities. You made my day! Thank you!! 🤗

Glad I could help. Since it is a new camera and you are going on a special trip I suggest you download the camera PDF manual to your phone or tablet.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements