cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R100 How to install stop motion firmware

bill6819
Apprentice

I am trying to get an R100 with a stop motion firmware installed on it. I am having trouble figuring out how to do this exactly. I read that I need to buy one first, then send it into a service center, but i'm not sure which service center I need to send it in, nor do I know how to initiate the process of getting this all taken care of. I am currently living in the state of Virginia. Any information on how I need to proceed will be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Bill!

You may need to start HERE. Scroll down near the bottom of the page to "How to Obtain the Stop Motion Animation Firmware" and click "Learn More". I was able to get the R6 mark II pre installed, but I don't see that option with the R100, which I think is a bit odd.

Newton

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please see the below link for more information about the stop motion animation  firmware enhancement.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/explore/stop-motion-animation-firmware#:~:text=When%20the%20shooting%20scr....

You can buy it pre-installed on certain models.  I don't think the R100 is one of them, but I would contact sales and see if you can buy it directly from Canon.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  If not, they can tell you how to get it.  This information is in the link I provided.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

yah, they talk about the R100 being able to take the firmware, but they dont sell one with it pre instaled, which confuses me.

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Bill!

You may need to start HERE. Scroll down near the bottom of the page to "How to Obtain the Stop Motion Animation Firmware" and click "Learn More". I was able to get the R6 mark II pre installed, but I don't see that option with the R100, which I think is a bit odd.

Newton

thanks, i did not know about the 'learn more' option on that page. i guess i just have to print that page, and send it in with the camera.

If you haven't bought the R100 yet, I would also take Rick's advice and call. They may be willing to make arrangements.

Newton

i dont have it yet, but it is on its way, thanks for the advice though

Announcements