cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 EF Lens Compatibility via EF-EOS R Lens Adapter

larryv1234
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm interested in buying the EOS R10. Can I use my Canon SLR lenses with the body and the Canon EF-EOS R Lens Adapter. Will that work?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your SLR uses FD mount lenses.  Canon doesn't make an FD to RF adapter, but in searching, there are some third-party adapters.   How they would actually work, who knows.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

If you are referring to Canon EF lenses then yes.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have a Canon F-1 SLR

Your SLR uses FD mount lenses.  Canon doesn't make an FD to RF adapter, but in searching, there are some third-party adapters.   How they would actually work, who knows.

--
Ricky

Thanks for the info. I did some checking and found https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4486052 along with some others so I'll give it a go and see what happens.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

For details, see Will Lens X Work on Camera Y?

--
Ricky

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

With the addition of a FD to EF adapter + a canon R adapter, you might get the lens on the front of an R series camera, but there will be zero communication.  So everything would be manual.  The R10 is an extremely capable entry level MILC camera, you would be doing yourself no justice trying to use 50 yr old lenses with it.  The lenses might fit, but the quality of the images would be subpar at best.  Think kids toy camera quality.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements