Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 AF Tracking Question

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

I have a question

I too leave my camera in Servo mode and use BBF, but I have never used AF tracking.

If I use tracking, and I take my thumb off the AF/ON button, and I'm in Servo mode, does the camera continue to track and focus on a moving subject?

Does it continue to track and focus if I change my perspective or composition, like if I shift my camera from left to right?

Like I said, I don't use tracking, so I don't really know.

Steve Thomas

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you have setup BBF in the standard fashion, then once you stop pressing the BBF button then continuous autofocusing will top.

On other hand, AF tracking is something entirely different from continuous autofocusing.  To me, AF tracking means the camera detects your subject, locks focus and will switch AF points to keep an active AF point locked on to your subject, as your subject moves around the field of view.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hey! 

Sorry I just noticed your to Steve about the AF and tracking. If I use the manual mode for plane spotting and use the AF by holding in the shutter button so it continuously focuses on the subject would you recommend the subject tracking? 

As aircraft landing and taking off are obviously moving so would you recommend subject tracking or just use the AF with AI Servo? Or should I change the AF area etc….?

Thanks!

Announcements