cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R randomly saves in JPEG only

billkard
Contributor

Hi All,

I've had my EOS R since the middle of May and am pretty familiar with all the controls.  By default, I have the camera set to save both RAW and JPEG images.  I normally don't shoot in fully Automatic but yesterday I found myself in unfamiliar territory with the shots I was going after and set the dial to A+ just to get a baseline to adjust from.

All of the images captured while in A+ were only saved in JPEG format.  I made no ather adjustments to the settings and when I switched to a different Mode the camera again saved in RAW + JPEG.  When I tried to duplicate the situation later, switching to full Auto - the camera saved it in the default way of RAW + JPEG.  I've been through the manual and the forums and can't find this behavior mentioned.  Any idea what might have caused it?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did you remove a memory card, and then replace it?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

No, I switched from FV to A+.  While shooting in Automatic it saved only JPEG. When I switched back to FV it saved both RAW and JPEG again

@billkard wrote:

No, I switched from FV to A+.  While shooting in Automatic it saved only JPEG. When I switched back to FV it saved both RAW and JPEG again

That sounds odd.  But, it also sounds like it could be normal behavior for [A+] Automtic mode, too.  Is it repeatable?  If not, then I would look elsewhere for the cause.  What else changed?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I often take pictures in A+ and they are always saved in RAW +  JPEG.  This is the first time it's happened.  I turned the camera on later in the day, changing nothing as far as menu settings, swithced to A+ and the camera saved in both RAW + JPEG.  I'm wondering if I touched something by mistake to cahnge how the pictures are saved - I just want to make sure I don't do it again.  Or if it pops up I can change the settings back.

Announcements