cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R randomly moving focus point

thegios
Contributor
Going crazy on this problem: when I let camera hang from neck, when I raise it up again and screen turns on, the focus point has moved. And if I move the camera, focus point blinks and erratically moves from center to new position.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PLee
Enthusiast

It sounds like the Touch and Drag function for AF point movement has been enabled and when you dangle the camera on your chest from a strap, the system will swap to EVF mode and enable touch and drag. Under these conditions, the AF point can move due to the touch LCD being active and bumping into your chest.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Do you have a copy of the full instruction manual? If so, have you read and understood the AF system?

I ask because you have not described the AF settings when this behavior occurs.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

mangurian
Rising Star
Probably set for continuous AF in the menus.

PLee
Enthusiast

It sounds like the Touch and Drag function for AF point movement has been enabled and when you dangle the camera on your chest from a strap, the system will swap to EVF mode and enable touch and drag. Under these conditions, the AF point can move due to the touch LCD being active and bumping into your chest.

Kue2086
Apprentice

I am having this issue now. Not only is the focus point changing, but my menu changes randomly as well. I literally sat the camera down and didn’t touch it or the screen and it randomly moves itself. 

Announcements