cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Touch Screen & Interface Glitchy

S_eldridge
Apprentice

Hello everyone, first time posting here!

I've had my Canon EOS R for over 2 years now and have had no issues until now. Lately the touch screen and the whole interface has been super glitchy. I use the Touch and Drag feature a bunch, and also sometimes just use the touch to focus on the screen when I'm not using the EVF. As of now both do not work properly. The Touch and Drag will sporadically move the focus point all over the EVF (if it moves at all), and the touch to focus doesn't even work. Sometimes when I go into the menu the camera will randomly be trying to navigate on its own without my input (sometimes the touch screen doesn't even work in the menu). The same goes on the photo settings interface, either sporatic or can not touch screen the windows. Both camera and lenses (24-105 F4 and 35mm F1.8 Macro) are on the latest firmware.

I have not yet restored the camera settings (as far as I'm aware, it only resets settings, not firmware). Is there a way to reset the firmware to factory settings?

Thanks in advanced for any help that can be given.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_eldridge
Apprentice

I forgot to post my solution a while back. I ended up having to send it into Canon for a repair. It wasn't covered under anything so I had to pay out of pocket unfortunately 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you think the display could be dirty with fingerprints?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah. I actually had a tempered glass screen protector on it, but I took it off and cleaned but still having the issues

MartinvdWalt
Apprentice

Same problem, Wish Canon support team can advise if this is a factory defect, software or if screen replacement is required.

MartinvdWalt
Apprentice

Same problem, Screen is non responsive to touch. Does weird operations on its own. I have resorted to using the buttons only. Wish Canon support team can advise if this is a factory defect, software or if screen replacement is required.

Jhwest
Apprentice

Hey.. did you ever figure out what the cause of this was? Mine is doing the exact same. 😞

Bluebuilder
Apprentice

I had the same issue on my R6 mkII recently.  I reset to factory defaults and rebuilt my settings from scratch, and also installed the recent firmware update that does something for touchscreen sensitivity.  I haven't seen the problem since, but I don't know what triggered it in the first place.

S_eldridge
Apprentice

I forgot to post my solution a while back. I ended up having to send it into Canon for a repair. It wasn't covered under anything so I had to pay out of pocket unfortunately 

Announcements