cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-R Sensor Damage from unknown cause

9tales
Apprentice

Was taking some photos of planes after the sun had set, and noticed two curved lines on ALL of my images. Cleaned the lens, changed the lens, lines remained. So then I checked the sensor and found the image attached. Taking this image was the only time I've ever exposed my sensor without a lens attached. Not sure how something like this is possible.IMG_2898.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Was the sun in the frame at any time? You might have burned the sensor.

Negative. The sun was nowhere in view. However, I did take eclipse pictures months ago. Some of the pictures were without the filter. But Ive done shoots since then and these lines were no present.

Peter
Authority
Authority

1. Is that black triangel just a shadow or a shutter blade?

2. Has your camera been laying outside in the sun with a tele lens attached and without any cover for the front element?

3. Scratches or burn marks?

1. No that's just a shadow from something else. The issue is the 2 curves lines.

2. Absolutely not. I'm very careful with my gear, which is why I'm so confused.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Because you mentioned the eclipse I wonder if the size of the artifacts matches your solar eclipse pictures? Which lens did you use?

Used my 70-200mm 2.8 EF lens w/adapter. Put a filter on after a few shots. Granted this was months ago and the issue is just now presenting. I've taken thousands of images since then.

Then the size doesn't match at all.

Small sand particles between the sensor and the shutter?

The way the shutter moves:

Announcements