cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R - No card in camera

Ryga_Photograph
Apprentice

So my EOS R has decided to play up, it displays a No card in camera messages, even with a memory card instered. I have tried removing the battery and card and replacing it with a formatted card and new battery and it is not working. The fault seems to be an overnight issue as the camera has been on my desk in its bag with no use, but was working fine yesterday. I have searched online and youtube and found 0 help so hoping somone here may be able to advise me? Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Have you tried a different formatted card? Far from a camera expert but worth a try.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Ryga_Photograph
Apprentice

Yeah, I bought a new card, formatted it and tried that, same issue 😞 

Are you using a full size card from a major brand?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ryga_Photograph
Apprentice

I've got a range of sized cards from 16GB up to 128GB all Sandisk gold and Sandisk silver. never had any issues with it or them until today, the camera was fine on weds as I was using it, has been on my desk off since then, today I packed it, as usual, got to my shoot, switched it on, and said No card in the camera, opened the card hatch and there was a card in there, assumed it was corrupt so switched off the camera, installed a fresh card, the same problem 😕 

Okay, but are you using full-size memory cards?  How are you formatting them?

Can you post a photo of your memory cards?  I am not familiar with Sandisk “gold” or “silver’.

0FBA62E9-D392-434D-8CCB-9C1FF23A85CC.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

This is likely a hardware fault.  Call 1-800-OK-CANON and talk to their support techs.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements