cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Focus Point Always Moves on Touch

mikul
Contributor

The focus point on the EOS R moves whenever I touch anywhere on the touch screen when I am not looking through the viewfinder. This results in inadverent touches on the screen changing the focus point. I have Touch and Drag disabled, but it still moves. Movement method is set to relative, but it's moving to wherever I touch (absolute). The active area is top left, yet it moves whenever I touch anywhere on the screen. Focus method is one shot. Hitting the settings lock button still allows the focus point to move. What do I need to get this focus point to stay put?

11 REPLIES 11

jblooo
Contributor

Old post but it seems this is still not fixed...

I have the same problem. It was driving me nuts that the focus point would "randomly" change position while I'm trying to shoot fast. I finally figured that if my eye wasn't completely against the eyepiece, the LCD would turn on and my nose would move the points.

The ability to shut this off seems like a simple firmware update, but apparently not. Disabling ALL touch control or none seems silly. This is related to my other request to make the change between eyepiece and LCD sensitivity adjustable.

Greetings jblooo.

I have submitted your feedback to our engineers for consideration and may be incorporated in future updates. Please note that decisions to incorporate specific camera updates are made by our engineers and product designers in Japan, based on a number of factors. Consumer demand, technological limitations, and customer feedback are all taken into consideration.

Announcements