cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R EF Lens Compatibility

Nitro54
Contributor

I have a question I hope someone can answer for me.

I have the Canon R camera. I found a good deal on a used EF 600 older lens.

Can I put on my R to EF lenses converter, put on a 2x teleconverter, then the lens

and still have it work on my camera? 

Thank you, Glen

16 REPLIES 16

I have the RF to EF adapter

Your original post made it sound like you were trying to connect an EF extender/lens to your adapter. That would work fine, so you're right. You need an EF Extender.

@Mitch_P wrote:

Your description is confusing. An RF Extender will not work with an EF camera or lens, or stock EF-RF adapter.

That’s what I tried to point out to you earlier.  But, you said it works for you with a hack.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I actually said it can be done with a hack. Do a search on Google or YouTube and a number of hits will come up. You basically buy a cheap EF/RF adapter and enlarge the opening until the RF Extender fits. That's pretty much it. I tried it and it works, I was able to use the RF 1.4X extender with an EF 400mm f5.6. But I don't use it regularly, I have an RF 100-500mm that works fine with my RF 1.4X extender. The OPs original question isn't very well worded, it can be taken in different ways.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@kvbarkley..

Wow

shadowsports_0-1678026121572.png

@Nitro54.  I don't think I've seen a post like this here before.  I'm skeptical, but hopeful for you.  Let us know if it works for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Nitro54
Contributor

Thanks for all the help everyone, I've decided to stay with the RF lenes for now.

For now to get the extended range I'm looking for I'll get the 800 F11 and the RF 1.4 extender.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I think this is a good choice.  Using native glass will likely yield the best results. 

shadowsports_0-1678061862829.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements