cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Screen Repair

celigo
Apprentice

So my eos M50 suffered a hard crash returning home from an outdoor shoot and my LCD screen went black. Theres no observable fractures. Id be really happy to try to fix it or get it fixed. Im curious if i can open it up and repair it? Or if anyone has had a similar thing happen and can recommend a repair video or give some guidance to their experience with Canon repairs thru canon?

2 REPLIES 2

SteveInConverse
Contributor

Check YouTube for any repair videos there may be and if there are, determine if it's something you want to tackle yourself and then check eBay for available parts. I'm fixing to do a lcd swap on a 70D with an off color screen and it appears relatively easy.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If your cameras are under warranty, obviously this type of thing is not covered. However, if you attempt to do repairs during the warranty period yourself, you will void the warranty for any issues that would be so covered.  Something to consider before you start disassembling your cameras yourself.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements