cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II does not turn on

piano_food
Apprentice

Hi! I'm having the same problem with my Canon EOS M50 Mark II! I have had the camera for 1 year and 8 months as a hobby. I got a Sigma lens 1 year ago. When I used it today to shoot flowers close up, it suddenly turned itself off after working fine. And I have not been able to turn it back on! I've taken the battery and memory card out for hours and still not working after I put them back in. When I put battery in again, the green button lights up for a few seconds in OFF position. When I turn to ON, no light and it makes a clicking sound inside. Any suggestions please? Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Remove the Sigma lens, and attach the Canon lens that came with the camera (assuming one did).  Any changes?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There are only a few things the average person can do when this happens. New name brand SD card. Of course make sure you have a known good working battery and charger.  However, being just over a year old it not likely but possible either one or both are faulty. Secondly remove the Sigma lens again not likely but possible it has caused some fault or damage. We are going to assume it has never gotten wet even a little wet? And you never dropped it even a small drop? If you can get it to turn on and stay on do a complete reset first thing. This is about it and a call to Canon is next. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements