cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II Lag On PC & Live Stream

Joe53
Apprentice

Hello,

I have an EOS M50 Mark II camera, love it for video and live stream. I have connected the camera through USB Port to my laptop since March with no issues. Just turn the camera on, start up the live stream software (Streamyard) and go on air with no issues.

However, yesterday when I did, I noticed a severe lag when I was on Streamyard. I checked my internet connection and speed, which is not the problem. I thought maybe it was Streamyard, not the problem. When I open the EOS M50 menu on the laptop computer, I notice the lag in the software under the remote setting. Also, when I start up the camera function on my laptop and switch to the M50, the large is there too.

The camera itself shows no lag on the little screen on the camera. So I wonder if I may have accidentally changed a setting when closing or opening the screen or if the USB cable is starting to go bad. I occasionally disconnect the USB cable about 3-4 times a month.

2 REPLIES 2

Isabelle69
Apprentice

@Joe53wrote: Clover.com

Hello,

I have an EOS M50 Mark II camera, love it for video and live stream. I have connected the camera through USB Port to my laptop since March with no issues. Just turn the camera on, start up the live stream software (Streamyard) and go on air with no issues.

However, yesterday when I did, I noticed a severe lag when I was on Streamyard. I checked my internet connection and speed, which is not the problem. I thought maybe it was Streamyard, not the problem. When I open the EOS M50 menu on the laptop computer, I notice the lag in the software under the remote setting. Also, when I start up the camera function on my laptop and switch to the M50, the large is there too.

The camera itself shows no lag on the little screen on the camera. So I wonder if I may have accidentally changed a setting when closing or opening the screen or if the USB cable is starting to go bad. I occasionally disconnect the USB cable about 3-4 times a month.

To get good performance, you'll need a capture device like the Elgato Camlink or HD60S hooked up to the HDMI output on the camera. Canon are notorious for not providing 'clean' HDMI out; having the on-screen display baked into the HDMI output, requiring cropping the image down in OBS to exclude that part of the frame.

The StreamYard app is not officially supported by the EOS Webcam Utility.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility

The EOS M50 Mark II does provide clean HDMI output. Scroll to the bottom of the page at the link provided above. This list probably needs to be updated to include recent releases

D48D081C-9E57-4A23-AEA2-3CE175EF707A.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements