cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II Freezes and Turns Off

paintingagalaxy
Apprentice

I just got my camera in the mail. I fully charged the battery then took a couple photos. While looking at the photos on the camera it froze then turned off. I made sure the battery was charge but now it will not turn on. How do I fix this issue, I was really excited about the camera but now it seems unusable.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For behavior such as this, I would suspect power, the memory card or lens.

Remove each, then re-insert the battery and see if the camera powers on.

I know the M Series is popular, so I suggest you keep abreast of its status.

shadowsports_0-1668867067478.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I just got my camera in the mail."

What exactly does that mean? You just bought it from a retailer? You got it from ebay or a friend or pawn shop, etc.

If it was from a good retailer return it today. Who knows about the other sources so you need to do the systematic troubleshooting advice that Rick outlined above. The issue could be with any single component or a combination problem. I would make sure the battery and the charger are working correctly very first. Is the SD card is a top brand and not a counterfeit? It is exactly the SD card the manual says to use?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements