cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II - Can't Find Self-Timer Photos

sh88tingstar
Apprentice

Camera seems to do the functions of the self-timer, but when I check for photos, they are nowhere to found. I checked both folders for I only have 2. I can take photos in single mode and the photos are in the folder. I do have the power on an after market power adaptor instead of just battery power. I don't know why that would affect the self timer operation. Like I said, it goes through the regular functions after pressing shoot, but no photos appear. Can someone help? 

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I agree.  Using the shutter self timer should not make a difference.  Using a power adapter should not make a difference.  But, let’s try to use the self-timer using the battery.

Put the camera in M shooting mode, and reset it back to factory defaults before try the tests using the battery, instead of the power adapter.

Where are your images being stored?  On the memory card, or in a computer?  After you take a photo can you playback the images in the camera, both with or without the self timer?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

When I take a single photo I can see the images and they are being stored on a memory card. Using the self timer, it's like it didn't even take the photo. I look and no photos are taken anywhere. I will try it with the regular battery and report back.

Okay.  I assume that you are talking about the 2/10 second shutter delay timer.  Right?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

So I put the regular battery in and the self-timer did what it's supposed to do. I don't know why it works, but it did. The 10 second shutter works. Thanks everyone.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First try it without using the off brand power adapter.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I don't know why it works, but it did."

The reason is simple. If Canon did not make a power adapter and you have to buy an off brand unit it generally means the camera is not designed to use one. No matter what the off brand add on does it is best to stick with Canon brand equipment on Canon cameras.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements