cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 MII--For a constant feed, EOS Utility?

or10nsharkfin
Apprentice

So the obvious bit first--have been livestreaming off-and-on the past few years, had always been looking into getting a better quality camera with total control. Bought the M50 Mark II as my first semi-professional DSLR and primarily plan to use it for livestreaming.

The basic functions needed to be turned off are. The Auto-Shutoff is turned off. Viewfinder is off. Only thing is that Display off is set to 30 minutes. Understanding that this is a built-in limitation of the camera itself, I know there's not really any way on the camera itself to get around this.

To have a constant feed, however, does the camera require the micro-USB connection with the EOS Utility? Could I just simply use the Webcam Utility with the Elgato Camlink 4K to keep the feed running for more than the 30min limitation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

or10nsharkfin
Apprentice

Replying to this post with an update as I have answered this question on my own.

If you have the M50/M50 Mark II set to Movie mode, you do not have to worry about it shutting off in the middle of a stream or a recording done on the computer. The M50 just does not have the option for Clean HDMI Out where the Mark II does. So far it seems that the camera is able to maintain a constant feed with minimal build-up of heat.

This does not require the use of the Canon EOS Utility App/Webcam App. Plugging in the HDMI to a capture card will keep the feed running even if the display turns off.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

or10nsharkfin
Apprentice

Replying to this post with an update as I have answered this question on my own.

If you have the M50/M50 Mark II set to Movie mode, you do not have to worry about it shutting off in the middle of a stream or a recording done on the computer. The M50 just does not have the option for Clean HDMI Out where the Mark II does. So far it seems that the camera is able to maintain a constant feed with minimal build-up of heat.

This does not require the use of the Canon EOS Utility App/Webcam App. Plugging in the HDMI to a capture card will keep the feed running even if the display turns off.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements