cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Fell Down Issues

Yayana
Apprentice

My Canon M50 fell down and everything seems to be fine. The lens the body seems to look good nothing is broken. It can switch on and off normal but the issue is it can’t film or take pics, The  record button doesn’t work! The lower buttons like Menu,Set, AF/MF, Play they do work. What seems to be the problem? I tried to adjust my lens it keeps on showing on the viewfinder push and hold the lens switch in to the direction and rotate. Which i did but don’t work. What should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd start by removing the lens.  Does the camera operate without the lens attached?

If yes, test with another lens.

If no, the camera will require service.

I'd suggest Canon or midwestcamera dot com, keeping in mind the M50 sells for about $350 used.  A mkII is about $600.

Canon Support | Service & Repair | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd start by removing the lens.  Does the camera operate without the lens attached?

If yes, test with another lens.

If no, the camera will require service.

I'd suggest Canon or midwestcamera dot com, keeping in mind the M50 sells for about $350 used.  A mkII is about $600.

Canon Support | Service & Repair | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yayana
Apprentice

It will definitely require service. It’s don’t work without the lens. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You're welcome.  Sorry there wasn't a better outcome.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

It’s ok this things do happen.Thank you once again

Announcements