cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D Can't register due to invalid serial number

timmyttt418
Apprentice

Hi, every time I try to register my 90D, i get this error message. The serial number you have entered is invalid for one or more of the following reasons:

1) The serial number does not match the product you have selected (FCC ID which starts with “AZD” is often mistaken for serial number.)
2) The serial number entered indicates this product was not intended for sale in the United States and is ineligible for registration and support in the U.S.

Please verify your product model and serial number to ensure they were entered correctly. How can this be fixed?

3 REPLIES 3

March411
Rising Star

Did you just purchase it new? If so was it purchased from a Canon authorized reseller? It may be grey market camera body.

And I ask only because I have some vision issues, are you sure you have the correct number?

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Yes, it is the correct number. It is a great camera! It is probably a grey market camera like you suggested. Thanks for your reply.

March411
Rising Star

Works the same as the rest. Sorry that you had challenges but enjoy with camera!

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Announcements