cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80 blurry picture

georgiaright55
Contributor

I have a Canon EOS 80 and seems every other picture I take is blurry. I wander if it’s the lens that I have. Any suggestions to what is the best lens to use for up close pictures? I am trying to capture the subject clear and the background blurry 
thank u for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If it is the EF 135mm f2L then you would want to be using a low number f/stop to have minimum depth of field.

Depth of field is defined as how much of the image in front of and behind your subject will appear sharp.

Understanding Depth of Field - A Beginner's Guide (photographylife.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I agree with John. A higher shutter speed will cancel out motion blur. The EF 135mm F/2L USM lens is unstabilized. If you're taking pictures inside watch how low your shutter speed gets. If it gets too low camera shake will be visible in your pictures.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

I really feel I need to get another lens but for now I will have to use what I have. Thank u kindly

Wilma

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

How do you hold your camera when you shoot?  If you hold it like a cell phone: at arms' length looking through the LCD, you will be far more prone to camera shake, especially with a telephoto lens.

If you are using this method, I strongly suggest you try the method below:
How_to_hold_a_camera.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

georgiaright55
Contributor

I dislike the lens i have and I have to get another one soon I hold my camera like the picture but i am at a loss here lately

Announcements