cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 760D Kid changed something and now camera does not focus?

morsch
Apprentice

My 4 yo was allowed to take photos right next to me. Canon EOS 760D. Now the camera doesn't focus anymore, and the green things appearing below the scene when looking through the looking-hole are different, too. Usually, it gives a line with the f/, the opening of the lens. Now it is a line with -2 to +2 ISO (?!), A, 9. 

It started with the camera not being able to shut off, when switching the swith of off, the screen was still visible! Then, it switched off itself, and now the described problem is here.

Never seen those scales, letters, numbers in the view finder-eye-thingy.

I searched in all settings, but cannot find what I might be searching for, I don't now what setting he managed to change and what it should be.

Tried restarting, tried switching the buttons on the lens for AF-M, stabilizer, locking, tried changing the mode (usually, I use P, but even in TV or AV, the weird ISO-scale is visible, not the usual scales), pressing all buttons I could find....

Does anybody know what my problem is, and how to resove it?

I couldn't even find a reset for all settings, which would be my last resort (not at all keen on setting all my settings again, but a camera that cannot focus is worse).

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

The camera must be M, Av, Tv & P Modes to be reset.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Could he have switched the AF/M button on the lens?

Hate to tell you, but the display in the viewfinder is pretty much fixed. You see the f number, shutter speed and ISO all the time, along with the exposure bar.

Untitled.jpg

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

morsch,

I could very well be wrong, but it sounds like your screen display has been changed from Guided, to Standard.

If you hit your menu button, on my camera it's the 5th tab to the right. (they're all in green). Your first choice is Screen Display. See if it's been set to Standard.

Steve Thomas

click here to view the gallery
Announcements