cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D - Cannot use Camera Connect, at wits end!

loose_canon
Contributor

I have conected my camera repeatedly as "Access Point", setting up on the camera first, selecting my "70D" as the wifi connection on my phone, typing in password and connecting all ok. But as soon as I open Camera Connect on my phone it tells me 'Camera not conected SSID: "70D"'

Why, why, why?! How can this be SO difficult?!

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You didn't state what type of phone.

It seems you are not alone with this type of problem.  Recent updates from Microsoft and Apple seem to have caused this type of issue for many users. 

I had a problem connecting, via USB, to my cameras after a Windows 10 update.  I suspect i got lucky, though, because my laptop updated the camera driver, someway, somehow, for some reason I don't fully understand beyond dumb luck.. 

It didn't work.  I expressed my anger at the laptop.  I stared it down.  Left the room to get a glass of water, and the laptop began downloading a new driver as I returned.  It must have sat there for at least 2-3 minutes before it started updating itself.  The camera was powered up the entire time, so make sure yours is not set to power down too quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sorry - phone's a Nexus 5

Maybe this will help:

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/47578/why-doesnt-wifi-on-canon-70d-connect-to-my-android-de...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John, it didn't, I had already read that. I spent hours Googling and retrying before hitting this forum. As far as I can tell I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, it just doesn't connect.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

I've read all the suggestions and rejoinders in this thread, and It has all done nothing to change my opinion that WiFi and cameras aren't a particularly good match. But one thing that occurs to me is that "70D" is a strikingly poor choice for an SSID. It's possible that other owners have had the same idea and that the phone, which presumably gets carried around over a wide area, may have formed an entirely different idea of who and where "70D" is. Note that there is no compelling reason why an SSID, especially one not to be used by the public, has to be a short, simple character string. IMO, the more nearly unique the SSID is, the better.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Fair comment. Thanks. The thing is that I am connecting to the SSID from my phone no problem. And it is definitely my camera, there is only one "70D" in the list and the password matches. It's only Camera Connect that is saying my camera is not connected. (And EOS Remote - I did give that a try too)

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements