cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 700D Getting a pinkish hue/tint the background of photos

Tyler_18
Contributor

Im having an issue with my JPEG & RAW photos. They all have a pinkish tint in the background. This has been going on for several months now. No matter what I do, it won’t go away. I have been taking photos the same way for years & have never experienced this before.

I use a Canon Rebel EOS 700D with a macro lens for Product Photography

Firmware is up to date 1.1.5

I have changed & played with every single setting including the White Balance, ISO, AEB & more

I have changed lenses

The photo looks perfect on the camera screen, but when uploaded to my iMac it changes

I have reformatted the SD chip, tried uploading photos with a cable

I use a photo tent with a white PVC or sometimes a white paper background with professional lights. I shoot in the dark with a black wall behind me

As a last resort, I retrieved my old Canon Rebel XTi from the closet. It is set using the same exact settings as on my newer Canon. I don’t get the pinkish tint.

Is my camera damaged? Is there a setting Im missing? Is there a new Firmware update coming?

Thanks in advance for your help. Its driving me crazy

18 REPLIES 18

A 64GB SD Card is too big for your camera. Even though your camera can handle it. The size doesn't play nicely with your camera. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Tyler,

"A 64GB SD Card is too big for your camera. Even though your camera can handle it.'

Although it is always best to use the SD card recommended in your manual, a 64GB SD isn't causing this problem.

"Still waiting for a nice day so I can do the DDP4"

Good! This will tell the tale. Follow the instructions exactly. If the pinkisk cast renaims you probably have a failing sensor.

"Now after the complete reset, <-- this always, set it to P mode. Set ISO 200. Set One shot, not any other focus setting and best to use center focus point. Lens set to AF. The other settings are not important since you will be doing that in DPP4. Go outdoors on a nice sunny day and do a dozen or so test shots of various subjects. Now u/l the Raw images in DPP4. What do they look like? Good or bad. This will tell you for certain."

BTW, use a known good USB cable to u/l to DPP4. Don not use wi-fi.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tyler_18
Contributor

Still experiencing inclement weather or have been without power. 

Tyler_18
Contributor

Well, it looks like I need to retire my EOS Rebel T5i. Since it's been well over 10 years years since I bought a camera, I need advice on a new model. So, Im taking a survey. Im considering a few models, but feel very overwhelmed with all the different options out there.

I need something for online product photography where a tent with lights is being used. Items vary in size from a small piece of jewelry to a dining room table. For years, I had been using a Tamron 18 - 250 macro lens which Im sure won't be compatible with a new camera. I very rarely take videos. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Do you have a budget in mind. Do you want to stay with DSLR or move to mirrorless. Do you want to upgrade to Full Frame or stay with APS-C. What lenses do you own. If so do you own any EF (Full Frame) lenses or only EF-S (APS-C) lenses. Do you own anymore 3rd party lenses then the one mentioned above.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Tyler_18
Contributor

Budget wise-middle of the road. I don't have a preference when it comes to a DSLR or mirrorless although the idea of a light weight mirrorless sounds very appealing. When it comes to a full frame or APS-C, I honestly don't know what the difference is as far as quality of the image or performance. I have nothing to compare. The only lens I have is the Tamron macro lens. It has been very efficient for work & traveling to National Parks-but very heavy when climbing up a mountain. I currently don't take video, but going forward, I probably will as that is now the trend. Im willing to give my equipment an extreme makeover. There are just so many options, configurations & changes in technology that I feel lost

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon Europe has a great article explaining the main differences between full frame and APS-C.

APS-C vs full-frame - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com)

We can help you decide which might be best for your intended use and shooting style once you tell us your budget.  For that we need a dollar amount.  "My middle of the road" might not match yours. 😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I had been using a Tamron 18 - 250 macro lens which Im sure won't be compatible with a new camera. "

A Canon 90D, a super choice, will be compatible with your Tammy.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I honestly don't know what the difference is as far as quality of the image or performance."

Tyler I never read those reviews. They are usually a bunch of BS. The big difference is there isn't much or any. You see the big thing is pixel density on the sensor. It is harder, not impossibile, to get more pixels on a smaller sensor. What does this mean? Well if you intend on doing big enlargements you would benefit from a lot of pixels.If you do a lot of telephoto work you would do well with the smaller sensor. And on the same note if you do a lot of landscape perhaps a larger sensor is better. This is not to say either won't do either thing well. They will. These are just examples that are always mentioned in reviews.  Bottom line is the  main most thing is s smaller sensor is cheaper to make. This allows you to get more camera for less money and why crop sensors were all there was at the beginning. We made out just fine back then, BTW.

My opinion if the money is there buy the FF and if not buy the cropper and stop reading reviews.

EB
click here to view the gallery
Announcements