cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-6D - SET button stopped working

Lundavra
Enthusiast

I was out earlier and could not get the Menu screen up - screen doing some other functions so screen OK.

When I got home I had a play and found the Multi-function Lock was on so turned off.  I got the screen back (not whether just because of that).  I can change Tabs on the Menu and move up and down each Tab screen but the Set button is not working.

I was looking to see if there is any full reset but the only reset to defaults is on the Menus so I cannot operate.

Almost certain the camera is going to have to go away but checking first if there is anything else I can try before sending away.

MB

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I don't understand what it is that you expect "SET" to do.  Normally is programmed as "OFF".  Look at page 320, "Custom Controls", of the Instruction Manual to see what I mean.

If you cannot make camera adjustments on the "Q", quick settings screen where you need to press SET to make a setting change, then you could have a bad button.  Call Canon US Support at 1-800-OK-CANON for assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I don't understand what it is that you expect "SET" to do.  Normally is programmed as "OFF".  Look at page 320, "Custom Controls", of the Instruction Manual to see what I mean.

If you cannot make camera adjustments on the "Q", quick settings screen where you need to press SET to make a setting change, then you could have a bad button.  Call Canon US Support at 1-800-OK-CANON for assistance.

I can go through the Menu screens and select an item such as GPS but I think need to use SET to change the GPS settings but nothing happens when I press SET.

I think it is certain there is something wrong with the control because sometimes it scrolls through the Menu screen listing.

I am in the UK, I will send to one of the repairers (most of my Canon cameras have been away for repair at some time). 

I was hoping there was some sort of master reset that I could operate in case it was software related.

I always seem to end up buying a newer (i.e. more expensive) model when the camera goes away because they are usually away for some time!

No logical reason why, but I thought I would put my original genuine Canon battery back in the camera.  I found the SET button working again.  But the hähnel back in and the SET button is still working. 

(It's dry today so not rain geting into the switch).

I will monitor carefully because I suspect the fault could still be lurking in the background.

Announcements