cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Live view and play back button doesn’t work!

Lizres1314
Apprentice

Hi all! My camera has been working just perfect since I purchased it back in October.
All of a sudden, yesterday when I turned it on the live view won’t turn on when I press the button and the playback button won’t display the photos when I press it either!
The LCD screen works, but I can’t view anything in live view and I have to view the pictures with the magnifying tool not the play button. What went wrong? I reset the camera settings and still NOTHING!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please tell us what model your "My Camera" is?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Lizres1314
Apprentice
Omg! I thought I wrote the model 🤦🏻‍♀️ Canon 6D mark II

Hello Lizres1314,

This behavior definitely sounds unusual. In this situation I would perform a complete reset on the camera for further testing. To do this I would first reset the settings of the camera using the Clear All Camera Settings option in the 5th Set Up (yellow wrench) menu section. 

I would then clear the Custom Functions of the camera by using the Clean Custom Function settings option in the Custom Functions (orange camera) menu section. 

After those two resets I would do a power reset. To do this turn the camera off, remove the lens/battery/memory card from the camera, close the battery/memory card doors, turn the power switch to the ON position, and then hold down the shutter button for 10 seconds. 

After 10 seconds release the shutter button, turn the power switch back to the OFF position, and re-insert the battery/memory card/lens. Now power the camera on and test out the Playback and Live View features again. 

If you continue to have issues with the camera after these resets please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jehos07
Apprentice

Please let me know wether it works or not? I have the same problem like yours

Announcements