cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D LCD have pixel lines

shafayjaved
Apprentice

Hey! So I have been using Canon 6D, yesterday I recharged the battery and turned camera on after a month and I noticed there were few pixel lines at the bottom of the LCD. It wasn't there before a month neither I have dropped it nor it got pressed or something. I was also using screen protector. 

But somehow there are like few pixel lines (green, red colored) at the bottom which are really annoying. Don't know if its a hardware fix or software.

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There is not much you can do except send it in for repair. Just be thankful it is not on the images.

Hey! Replying after a while, so i figured out a thing that the lines just vanished in Summer.

They never came back in Summer and I thought the problem is solved. 

But they came back in winters 🌝

Now whenever i place the camera in sun or heat it a little with hair dryer, the lines start to disappear. 

But they next day whenever i turn on the camera, they came back. 

Don't know what this sorcerery is. 

I am not using my camera regularly. I use it after a month or two. 

Is it something related to its usage? Am i not using it enough which is causing problems? 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Anything can fail.  It just happens sometimes. Ever walk in a room and hit the switch and the light bulb just burns out? It happens. Hopefully it is an easy fix. Good luck.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hey! Replying after a while, so i figured out a thing that the lines just vanished in Summer.

They never came back in Summer and I thought the problem is solved. 

But they came back in winters 🌝

Now whenever i place the camera in sun or heat it a little with hair dryer, the lines start to disappear. 

But they next day whenever i turn on the camera, they came back. 

Don't know what this sorcerery is. 

I am not using my camera regularly. I use it after a month or two. 

Is it something related to its usage? Am i not using it enough which is causing problems? 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements