cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60D keeps showing empty indicator no matter what.

RC6253
Apprentice

Please help, this camera is 13 years old and I acknowledge that, with that in mind, I tried turning this thing on for the past few years and it just keep showing the empty battery indicator no matter what, I tried resetting it and checking the internal battery but it was no use. Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Is the battery charged at all. If not recharge the battery.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

It's an LP-E6NH battery and yes it is charged fully and i was suspecting that the connector between the internal battery and the power board is not connected very well. 

RC6253,

Well, if you've checked the battery and it's holding a charge, and it will operate in other cameras, you might very well be right, and there's a problem with the battery/camera connection.

Steve Thomas

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

RC6253,

If the battery won't hold a charge as Demetrius suggested, at 13 years old, the battery might be dead.

Steve Thomas

For the record the battery worked for other cameras, so I didn't think that was the problem but thank you for the suggestion though😃

It was charging like a normal one though, I don't see any issues with the battery.

RC6253
Apprentice

I made sure that the battery was ok with other cameras and it was still well and alive, I tried software resetting and other community solutions but those didn't work for me in my case.

RC6253
Apprentice

Solutions I tried: Software reset (turn camera off, remove everything including lens memory card and battery and holding down shutter button but won't light up) checking battery dead or not( checking if the battery can function normally or not) anyone able to help?Would really appreciate it😃

Announcements