Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60D Black Screen

oussamabenabila
Apprentice

hi ..

i have a dslr canon 60D 

I have a problem with my camera 

In all the settings I have a black screen and there are only the ISO settings and the battery and the like and I can not see what the camera imagines

What is the solution please

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@oussamabenabila wrote:

hi ..

i have a dslr canon 60D 

I have a problem with my camera 

In all the settings I have a black screen and there are only the ISO settings and the battery and the like and I can not see what the camera imagines

What is the solution please

You either forget to remove the lens cap, or the image sensor is dead.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

my  image sensor is dead. ooooh what the solution

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Before you do anything else, use the menu system to reset the camera to factory default.  If necessary look through the viewfinder to do so if you can't see the LCD display.   

After doing that, make sure the lens cap is off, set the camera on P mode, looking through the optical viewfinder, take a photo.  Use the review button to check the imager and then use the INFO button to cycle through the display and see what you get.  If nothing is displayed in review then the sensor is dead or the LCD display is malfunctioning.  If it is the latter you could still use the camera by just using the viewfinder but if it is the sensor, then the camera will cost more than it is worth to repair.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements