cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 600D Red and blue dots on my photos

seby
Apprentice

1000066547.jpg

 Hello everyone...i came to you guys for help on this very strange situation im having trouble with..i have a canon 600d with the kit lens and since i got it (second hand) i had the red dots problem on every photo but there were only 3 dots and would barely be visible on black parts of the photos but now there are more and more appearing and there are some blue and green ones too...please if anyone knows any fixing solutions please help me.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Peter is online, let me grab him for you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Peter
Authority
Authority

ISO 400, 1/10 and f/5.6

1. Shoot raw and let the raw converter deal with hot pixels.

2a. Try the sensor cleaning method.

Go to the menu, sensor cleaning and Clean now. This is the official way for 5D IV and R5 to deal with hot pixels.

2b. This was the unofficial way with 7D/6D. Keep the lens cap on the lens and cover the viewfinder. In the menu, start Clean manually and wait for one minute until you turn off the camera. Repeat two or three times if first time doesn’t work.

1000008097.jpg

Announcements