cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV not triggering Godox Xpro & Godox V1-C

Mistermixson
Contributor

Im having issues with firing my flash. ive used to a good amount of times before but as of the last time I was shooting the flash stopped firing. As since I can only get it to fire a few times in "ETTL" mode but in Manual the flash is not firing at all. I have made sure to disable silent live view but it still will not fire, in live view or through the viewfinder nothing is working with the trigger OR with the flash mounted on the camera. any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16

no but I tried the trigger on my canon 5d mark ii and it worked

The trigger may be incompatible.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I have used it before tho, and it fires a few times if its in ETTL but not in manual

It may not be communicating with your camera correctly.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a Canon speedlite to try on your camera?

Mistermixson
Contributor

My v1-c is does not fire with the flash in manual mode on my canon 5d mark iv, but on ettl mode it will fire perfectly fine. I also tried putting it on my 5d mark ii and there it works fine in manual, anybody know the issue?

I suggest that you contact Godox about your issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements