cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV Encryption key - can it remain the same all time?

TomTom64
Contributor

Hi 

When connecting to Wi-Fi it would be great if the Encryption key could remain the same as it will be more easy to repeatedly connect to the camera.

As it is now I have to change the settings (Encryption key) on my I-pad each time when connecting to the cameras Wi-Fi . 

Maybe a new setting in camera menu :  new Encryption key or keep old Encryption key 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings TomTom64,

I'm sorry but the EOS 5D Mark IV camera does not have the ability to keep Wi-Fi active and ready to connect at all times. It does require for the user to initiate the connection on the camera in order for the mobile device to connect to it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hey there! I'm not a tech, but I do have a camera and use WiFi. When you push the button on your camera to start the mobile transfer (usually a Wi-Fi symbol, a squiggly line, or a phone), it should present you with some options—one of which should be "Connect to Smartphone (Tablet)," which will give you the option to connect to your iPad - without asking you for a new encryption key. 

If you connect from your iPad, it may ask you to re-pair your iPad & your camera. 

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, TomTom64!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

TomTom64
Contributor

Uppdate I’m using EOS 5D mk IV , Sorry to miss that information in my post

I found i used the setup in a wrong way. Hoewer can the camera allways bee with the wifi hotspot turned on ready to connect ?

Greetings TomTom64,

I'm sorry but the EOS 5D Mark IV camera does not have the ability to keep Wi-Fi active and ready to connect at all times. It does require for the user to initiate the connection on the camera in order for the mobile device to connect to it.

Can i program the camera so a button on the body i.e. m.fn turns on the Wi-Fi so i don't have to go in to the menu to activate Wi-Fi ?
If yes is there a guide ?

click here to view the gallery
Announcements